Ayurvedic Shirodhara (16 hours)
A two in one, this course boasts with two stand-alone luxurious treatments from the ancient holistic East-Indian ayurvedic medicine and wellness traditions.
The full-body Ayurvedic Abhyanga (oil massage) is a unique approach catering to the client’s body-type or ‘Dosha’. The therapist uses a warm Dosha-specific, herb-infused oil and massages it systematically and intentionally into skin and tissue. The intention is to melt fat secretions, cleanse, and moisturize the entire body in preparation for other Ayurvedic applications as is customary in India.
One of these customs is the incredibly unique and highly effective modality, called Shirodhara.
Possibly the world’s most relaxing and rejuvenating treatment, Ayurvedic Shirodhara pours a fine stream of warm herb-infused oil over the client’s forehead for a half hour or more. It sounds simple, but feels indescribably amazing. The client tends to disconnect from worry and tension within seconds, forgetting easily about time and space, dipping into an experience of utter peacefulness. People report frequently that a 30-minute session appears to have lasted for hours.
A run-away favorite of top spas around the world, its healing properties are renowned and it is said to relieve insomnia, stress, tension and chronic headaches. It is praised for enhanced blood circulation to the brain, improved memory and to afford profound mental relaxation.
The effect is indescribable! Your clients will leave their session with the experience of feeling thoroughly nourished, rejuvenated, revived, and yet relaxed.
Both Abhyanga and Shirodhara can be offered to clients in sequence, however, it is common to provide each as a stand-alone session. Therapists themselves benefit physically and mentally during practice. They set themselves apart from the competition and can easily increase profit and income margins.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to Ayurveda and how it fits in with massage and wellness
- Overview of Shirodhara equipment and herbal preparations
- Give and receive a complete Shirodhara session
- Benefits, cautions and contraindications to the treatments
- How to best promote your Abhyanga/Shirodhara treatment package
Body Wisdom’s approach to these modalities stays true to ancient Ayurvedic wisdom while combining it with modern bodywork and wellness techniques to form a winning spa combination and great addition to the Massage Therapist’s repertoire of services.
Prerequisites: Therapeutic Massage Level 1 or Equivalent
96 –Hour Courses
48 – Hour Courses
- Deep Tissue Massage (48 hrs)
- Myofacial Release Technique (48 hrs)
- Positional Release (48 hrs)
- Hot & Cold Stone Therapy (48 hrs)
- Acupressure (48 hrs)
- Foot Reflexology (48 hrs)
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage (48 hrs)
- Clinical Aromatherapy & Massage (48 hrs)
- Maternity & Infant Massage (48 hrs)
32 – Hour Courses
24 – Hour Courses
16 – Hour Courses
- Fusion 16 - "Best of BWS” Collection (16 hrs)
- Rock to Relax: Pulsing (16 hrs)
- Rock to Relax: Rebalancing (16 hrs)
- Thai Herbal Spa (16 hrs)
- Premier Spa: Indonesia (16 hrs)
- Sea Shell Massage (16 hrs)
- Ayurvedic Shirodhara (16 hrs)
- Hot Stone Reflexology (16 hrs)
- Sound Infused Massage Therapies (16 hrs)
- Oncology & Hospice Massage (16 hrs)
- Reiki Intensive (16 hrs)
8 – Hour Courses
- Your Crown & Glory - Head Massage (8 hrs)
- Dreamy Face Sequence (8 hrs)
- Crazy Good Neckwork - Version I (8 hrs each)
- Crazy Good Neckwork - Version II (8 hrs each)
- Ease the Load – Shoulder Work (8 hrs)
- Embracing Life – Arms, Wrists & Hands (8 hrs)
- Soothing Belly Work - Abdominal Sequence (8 hrs)
- I’ve Got Your Back - Special Back Techniques (8 hrs)
- Move Freely - Pelvis/Hips (8 hrs)
- Stand Your Ground - Legs/Feet (8 hrs)
- Relax - Ear & Hand Reflexology (8 hrs)
- Intuitive Hands-On Energy Work (8 hrs)
- Himalayan Salt Stone Massage (8 hrs)
- Business Ethics, Law and Communication (6 hrs)
- Event, Promotional, and Corporate Chair Massage (8 or 12 hrs)