Best of Asia Spa (25 hours)
Body Wisdom’s “Best of Asia” 25-Hour Spa course brings you some of the most popular individual treatments in use at top destination spas around the world. Like our Premier Spa Indonesia course, the “Best of Asia” Spa course is designed to enable you to bring lucrative, traditional spa services into your practice without a “wet room” or other expensive spa equipment and at the same time delight your massage clients with something uniquely different.
Best of Asia Spa is the result of extensive research on many trips throughout South East Asia and Asia over a period of years. It is a combination of two of the most popular traditional therapies from Thailand, Thai Hot Compress Massage and Thai Sauna; plus Shirodhara from India. All three are modalities that can be combined with other massage, bodywork and spa techniques.
What You Will Learn:
Thai Herbal Compress Massage
Thai Herbal Compress Massage utilizes a blend of traditional Thai herbs such as plai, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric, lemongrass, eucalyptus and tamarind, specially prepared to meet the therapeutic needs of the client. The herbs are then beautifully wrapped and tied in cotton bundles using an age-old traditional method. The fresh herbal bundles are then heated in a steamer and used to massage the client’s body to improve circulation, soften and nourish the skin, ease sore muscles, and reduce pain.
Thai Herbal Compress Massage can be used in combination with other massage and bodywork modalities or at the end of a Traditional Thai Massage session.
Thai Herbal Steam Bath:
This traditional treatment that promotes general wellbeing, has been part of the Thai lifestyle for centuries. Specific combinations of traditional Thai herbs are mixed with steam, which is then absorbed into the body via respiration and the pores of the skin. Thai Herbal Steam is an ancient ritual that is excellent for stress reduction and relaxation, as well as cleansing, healing and rejuvenation. Students will learn about the healing properties of various Thai herbs, their fresh preparation and how to assist their clients in the use of steam hydrotherapy in keeping with the traditions of Thailand and the “old ways.”
Thai Herbal Steam Bath is often used in combination with other therapies such as Traditional Thai Massage or as part of various Thai Spa treatment packages.
Shirodhara is one element of a traditional Indian Ayurvedic approach to promote health and wellbeing that has been used for over 5000 years. In recent years it has been “discovered” by Western massage therapists and has quickly become one of the most popular treatments at top destination spas in America and around the world.
Shirodhara is composed of two words shiro + dhara. Shiro means head, and Dhara means flow of warm oil. In the treatment, sesame oil is mixed with a few drops of aromatic essential oils and then warmed until a comfortable temperature is reached. The client lies face up on a massage table, their head tilted slightly back with a rolled towel or pillow beneath the neck. A stream of warm oil is poured very slowly back and forth across the forehead for 20 to 30 minutes. The effect is indescribable!
Shirodhara is a great rejuvenating therapy that can be learned by any massage therapist and is said to relieve insomnia, stress, tension, chronic headaches, enhance blood circulation to the brain, improve memory and afford profound mental relaxation. Clients leave feeling nourished, rejuvenated and relaxed.
Shirodhara combines ancient Ayurvedic wisdom with modern bodywork and spa techniques to form a winning spa combination and great addition to the Massage Therapist’s repertoire of services.
- Acupressure (50 Hours)
- Bamboo & Rattan Massage (25 Hours)
- Barefoot Bars Deep Tissue (35 Hours)
- Best of Asia - Spa (25 Hours)
- Clinical Aromatherapy & Massage (50 Hours)
- Clinical Sports (Orthopedic) Massage - Lower Body (50 Hours)
- Clinical Sports (Orthopedic) Massage - Upper Body (50 Hours)
- Competitive Edge - Event Sports Massage (25 Hours)
- Deep Tissue Massage (50 Hours)
- European Spa Specialties (25 Hours)
- Foot Reflexology (50 Hours)
- Geriatric (Elderly) Massage (40 Hours)
- Hands-Free Clinical Massage (50 Hours)
- Hot Stone Reflexology (25 Hours)
- Hot & Cold Stone Therapy (50 Hours
- Hydrotherapy (25 Hours)
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage (50 Hours)
- Maternity & Infant Massage (50 Hours)
- Myofascial Release Therapy (50 Hours)
- Neuromuscular Massage (25 Hours)
- Positional Release Therapy (50 Hours)
- Premier Spa - Indonesia (25 Hours)
- Rebalancing & Pulsing (25 Hours)
- SansHands™ - Slow Flow Massage (25 Hours)
- Sea Shell Massage (25 Hours)
- Shiatsu (Japanese Massage) (50 Hours)
- Thai Massage on the Table (25 Hours)
- Thai Foot Massage (25 Hours)
- Traditional Thai Massage on the Mat - Level 1 (50 Hours)
- Traditional Thai Massage on the Mat - Level 2 (50 Hours)