Myofascial Release Therapy (48 hours)
Myofascial Release Therapy is an extremely effective hands-on technique that works by applying gentle, sustained pressure to eliminate pain and restore flexibility and motion to the fascia (connective tissue). The science behind Myofascial Release states that fascia is a densely woven sheath that interpenetrates and “houses” every muscle, bone, vein, nerve and all of our internal organs including the spinal cord. A good visualization is a web that in effect holds everything together in a neat package, connecting every part of the body to every other part of the body. In its natural healthy state, the fascia is relaxed and has the flexibility to stretch and move without undue restriction. If however there has been physical trauma to the body or scarring, the normally pliable fascia becomes tight and restricted, causing tension throughout the rest of the body. This condition is sometimes referred to as myofascial pain syndrome.
Myofascial therapy is intuitive; it is effortless and applicable for all clients and it addresses all levels of the human structure: physical, emotional and mental. It will also help you, as therapist, to avoid burnout from overwork.
All students will give and receive this valuable work and will be taught to integrate these gentle, yet effective techniques into all their other massage modalities such as Swedish Massage and Deep Tissue.
Highlights of the Course Include:
- Practicing the techniques of Myofascial Release Therapy including: melting, lengthening, spreading, and defining of connective tissues.
- Refining your skills in assessing and addressing pain throughout the body.
- Learning to engage your clients in the healing process through utilizing active and resistive movements.
- Focusing on increasing your awareness of patterns that reside in the body including: physical habits, overuse patterns and mental and emotional patterns.
- Developing practical skills that get results without producing discomfort.
- Learning to slow down, focus your attention, and work with less effort.
- Integrating more fun and ease into your professional work.
Students are encouraged to develop a multi-disciplinary approach to chronic pain, exploring such techniques as ice therapy, cross fiber friction, muscle energy techniques, active isolated stretching, orthopedic assessments and self care.
Prerequisites: Anatomy: Bones & Muscles, Therapeutic Massage Level 1
96 –Hour Courses
- Orthopedic/Clinical Sports Massage (96 hrs)
- Traditional Thai Massage on the Mat (96 hrs)
48 – Hour Courses
- Deep Tissue Massage (48 hrs)
- Myofacial Release Technique (48 hrs)
- Positional Release (48 hrs)
- Hot & Cold Stone Therapy (48 hrs)
- Shiatsu (Japanese Massage) (48 hrs)
- Acupressure (48 hrs)
- Foot Reflexology (48 hrs)
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage (48 hrs)
- Clinical Aromatherapy & Massage (48 hrs)
- Maternity & Infant Massage (48 hrs)
32 – Hour Courses
- Barefoot Bars Deep Tissue (32 hrs)
16 – Hour Courses
- Fusion 16 - "Best of BWS” Collection (16 hrs)
- Rock to Relax: Pulsing (16 hrs)
- Rock to Relax: Rebalancing (16 hrs)
- Thai Herbal Spa (16 hrs)
- Premier Spa: Indonesia (16 hrs)
- Sea Shell Massage (16 hrs)
- Ayurvedic Shirodhara (16 hrs)
- Hot Stone Reflexology (16 hrs)
- Sound Infused Massage Therapies (16 hrs)
- Oncology & Hospice Massage (16 hrs)
8 – Hour Courses (Special Body Series)
- Your Crown & Glory - Head Massage (8 hrs)
- Dreamy Face Sequence (8 hrs)
- Crazy Good Neckwork - Version I (8 hrs each)
- Crazy Good Neckwork - Version II (8 hrs each)
- Ease the Load – Shoulder Work (8 hrs)
- Embracing Life – Arms, Wrists & Hands (8 hrs)
- Soothing Belly Work - Abdominal Sequence (8 hrs)
- I’ve Got Your Back - Special Back Techniques (8 hrs)
- Move Freely - Pelvis/Hips (8 hrs)
- Stand Your Ground - Legs/Feet (8 hrs)
- Relax - Ear & Hand Reflexology (8 hrs)