Thai Herbal Spa (16 hours)
Body Wisdom’s “Thai Herbal Spa” course brings you some of the most popular individual treatments in use at top destination wellness spas around the world. Like our Premier Spa Indonesia course, the “Thai Herbal Spa” course is designed to enable you to bring lucrative, traditional wellness and spa services into your practice without a “wet room” or other expensive spa equipment; and at the same time delight your massage clients with something uniquely different.
“Thai Herbal Spa” is the result of extensive research on many trips throughout South East Asia and Thailand over a period of years. It is a combination of two of the most popular traditional therapies from Thailand, Thai Hot Compress Massage and Thai Sauna. Both of these techniques can easily be combined with other massage, bodywork and spa techniques.
What You Will Learn:
Thai Herbal Compress Massage
Thai Herbal Compress Massage utilizes a blend of traditional Thai herbs such as plai, kaffir lime leaves, turmeric, lemongrass, eucalyptus and tamarind, specially prepared to meet the therapeutic needs of the client. The herbs are then beautifully wrapped and tied in cotton bundles, using an age-old traditional method. The fresh herbal bundles are heated in a steamer and used to massage the client’s body to improve circulation, soften and nourish the skin, ease sore muscles, and reduce pain.
Thai Herbal Compress Massage can be used in combination with other massage and bodywork modalities or at the end of a Traditional Thai Massage session.
Thai Herbal Steam Bath:
This traditional treatment, that promotes general wellbeing, has been part of the Thai lifestyle for centuries. Specific combinations of traditional Thai herbs are mixed with steam, which is then absorbed into the body via respiration and the pores of the skin. Thai Herbal Steam is an ancient ritual that is excellent for stress reduction and relaxation, as well as cleansing, healing and rejuvenation. Students will learn about the healing properties of various Thai herbs, their fresh preparation and how to assist their clients in the use of steam hydrotherapy in keeping with the traditions of Thailand and the “old ways”.
Thai Herbal Compress and Thai Herbal Sauna are often used in combination with other therapies such as Traditional Thai Massage, as part of a Thai Spa Package, or as a way to add a powerful herbal healing effect to your traditional massage. Especially during the long winter months, when your clients are looking for some soothing warmth and relaxation, this can be quite welcome.
Prerequisites: Therapeutic Massage Level 1
96 –Hour Courses
- Orthopedic/Clinical Sports Massage (96 hrs)
- Traditional Thai Massage on the Mat (96 hrs)
48 – Hour Courses
- Deep Tissue Massage (48 hrs)
- Myofacial Release Technique (48 hrs)
- Positional Release (48 hrs)
- Hot & Cold Stone Therapy (48 hrs)
- Shiatsu (Japanese Massage) (48 hrs)
- Acupressure (48 hrs)
- Foot Reflexology (48 hrs)
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage (48 hrs)
- Clinical Aromatherapy (48 hrs)
- Maternity & Infant Massage (48 hrs)
32 – Hour Courses
- Barefoot Bars Deep Tissue (32 hrs)
16 – Hour Courses
- Fusion 16 – “Best-Of” Collection (16 hrs)
- Rock to Relax: Pulsing (16 hrs)
- Rock to Relax: Rebalancing (16 hrs)
- Thai Herbal Spa (16 hrs)
- Premier Spa: Indonesia (16 hrs)
- Sea Shell Massage (16 hrs)
- Aryuvedic Shirodhara (16 hrs)
- Hot Stone Reflexology (16 hrs)
- Sound Infused Therapies (16 hrs)
- Oncology & Hospice Massage (16 hrs)
8 – Hour Courses (Special Body Series)
- Your Crown & Glory - Head Massage (8 hrs)
- Dreamy Face Sequence (8 hrs)
- Crazy Good Neck Work - Version 1 & 2 (8 hrs each)
- Ease the Load – Shoulder Work (8 hrs)
- Embracing Life – Arms, Wrists & Hands (8 hrs)
- Soothing Belly Work - Abdominal Sequence (8 hrs)
- I’ve Got Your Back - Special Back Techniques (8 hrs)
- Move Freely - Pelvis/Hips (8 hrs)
- Stand Your Ground - Legs/Feet (8 hrs)
- Relax - Ear/Hand Reflex (8 hrs)