The philosophy of the Body Wisdom Massage Therapy School is based on the guiding principle of “wholeness” and the “inner healer.” We believe that every physical imbalance is the result of a lack of wholeness on one or more levels; body, mind, emotions or spirit and that each individual has an innate connection to their inner healer that can guide their healing process.
We believe that massage and bodywork are powerful vehicles for healing, awareness and engaging the whole person through a synthesis of structure, function, energy and emotion. All the classes at the Body Wisdom School emphasize “whole-body learning” in an immersed learning environment that is relaxing, dynamic and highly experiential.
In addition to outstanding professional skills, we focus on the personal development and growth of our students as the basis for facilitating others. Strong emphasis is further placed on professional business and marketing skills to assure our graduate’s success in this career.
The vision of the Body Wisdom School is to bring the profession of massage therapy and bodywork to the level of fully integrated healing arts. Complementary healing modalities that reduce pain promote wellness and address all levels of the whole person, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
Goals & Objectives
- To assure that students are well prepared to pass the certification exam and licensure testing throughout the United States.
- To promote an in-depth understanding of the structure, function and subtle energy systems of the human body as it relates to massage therapy, energy and oriental bodywork techniques.
- To encourage self-awareness, sensitivity and observational skills to complement effective massage and bodywork techniques.
- To teach a wide variety of massage and bodywork modalities. This enables our graduates to choose from a broad range of techniques when delivering effective treatment that is tailored to the individual needs of each client.
- To produce an environment in which students are supported in their personal development process and in uncovering the unique gifts that they can bring to their healing work.
- To provide business support and training that prepares graduates to become financially successful.